Thursday 21 January 2016

Nova Baby Deluxe Mei Tai

I've not had much experience with mei tais. I tried a lower end one when middle boy was a baby but didn't find it particularly comfortable and was much happier wrapping! So I was looking forward to trying one again.
The Deluxe Mei Tai from Nova Baby Carriers, a Norfolk based company, arrived to stay for a couple of weeks. It's aimed at babies from 6 - 24 months old (max 15kg).
It has a padded waistband and straps, which were very comfortable. The fabric design was cute and fairly unisex, and I guess could be reversed so the plain side is showing if you wished. 
Smallest boy is now 9 months old and around 21lb and fit in really snug and comfortably - showing his approval by having a nap! The padding on the shoulders meant I could carry him for ages without it getting diggy. 
The only slight negative for me was I had to tie off under his bum when on the front, I'd personally prefer slightly longer straps so I could cross and tie at the back, but that is just a preference, though a couple of ladies who tried it at sling meet mentioned the same. 
We tried a back carry, excuse the face, I always feel a bit odd smiling for selfies when out and about! Again, the padding just made it super comfy and he was very happy.
All in all I enjoyed testing this carrier, it got good feedback from sling meet and if I ever decided to convert to a mei tai Nova Baby would be a big contender! 

No comments:

Post a Comment